Saturday, June 2, 2012

Defying Gravity

This is Benz getting a bath at home finally.  We have been home for almost a week now.  It really feels like our life has always been this way.  It's comfortable.  Benz had to do two blood draws this week.  His numbers went up and down as expected.  Nothing is really too far out of the ordinary.  We had to take him to the infectious disease doctor on Friday.  This doctor is located in the specialty clinic next to Toledo Hospital.  It was a very humbling experience to sit in the waiting room with all the children in wheel chairs, braces, and children living with all forms of special needs.  I was in deep thought the whole wait.  "Is this what my future holds for me?"  This hurry up and wait process is driving me nuts. 
This is a little excerpt from the song Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked...

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

GLINDA
Can't I make you understand?
You're having delusions of grandeur:
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/w/wicked/defying_gravity.html ]
ELPHABA
I'm through accepting limits
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down:

This really has nothing to do with my situation again but somehow I hear these lyrics and make it pertain to me.  Because I am through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.  I am playing by the rules of my game and the only rules of my game are to "defy gravity".  Also, I am through excepting limits cause some says they're so.  We are going to meet and exceed all limits.  Just when I think this virus has a hold on me as well as my son I find something to draw inspiration on.  The inspiration is all of you sending thoughts and prayer, songs that randomly come on the radio, most recently I had a woman facebook message me that I was her hero, just from reading my blog.  WOW.  That made me feel so good. 
I wish I had more updates for you.  I'll keep you posted as time goes on.
Good night,
Ben



2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Little Remer Family! Ben, great post. You have expressed how I have felt most of my life. To be honest, I haven't handled things as tactfully as you, and have lost some people due to my insensitivity, something I'm not proud of. But in the long run, in my opinion, you have to find out "true" by your standards, not by textbooks doctors, and others. You know your God and have that faith. He won't stop you from making mistakes or bad decisions, but he will stand by you. Listen very carefully for his voice, because evil has a voice too, and seems to be the one that is more appealing.
    Always in my heart,
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben,
    I have wanted to post for awhile but haven't for one reason or another haven't. Today's post hit me. First of all, I love the music from Wicked. I think Defiying Gravity can be the theme song for many of us. I'm through accepting limits 'cause someone says it's so should be everybody's life motto. I believe you and Amy have lived that motto. You have never allowed anyone else to define your limits or the limits of your children. You ARE a hero Ben. Sending you daily prayers and much love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete